26 November 2006

North Hollywood, California
Mikey's been a bad, bad boy. I haven't written boo all week!

There was just too much actual work at work to get distracted with Monday and Tuesday, although I did manage to go over some notes and put a bit of dialogue together (which will probably be promptly deleted when I get back to it today). Wednesday was a short day at work but I had stuff to do in the evening (OK, I went to the gym and then watched Madonna's Confessions Tour. But when I saw the tour live it inspired all kinds of things for the treatment, so I was hoping for the same infusion). Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving over here; 'nuff said. Leo and I both needed to get out of the city for a day so we did that Friday. Yesterday my best friend was over 'cuz there's some music of our own we want to work on. That leaves today.

I intend to make up some time today. I may even skip the gym and just write. But this is the first time since I started writing the libretto 20 July that I've gone this long without writing anything, except for the necessary 3-week gap between acts. It just wasn't a good week for any kind of routine! In the meantime, Maud and Ewan are frozen in church as he's about ready to lose it! At any rate, this is definitely going to push my completion date beyond the 8 December I anticipated. Probably more like 15 December now. But let's keep in mind that, as the agency gets closer to shut-down, I'll have more to do for that, which is going to take time away from writing anything at work. Ugh. As long as it's done by the end of December, I guess. I think I knew 8 December was a little bit too ambitious - which makes me feel worse about not having written anything this week.

Thank God it's cold today finally (by Southern California standards, anyway) instead of being so blazing hot - somehow, I think that will help!

Well, time to eat something, stop yammering on here, and get to it. This stuff ain't gonna write itself!

_____________________________________________

Whoo-hoo! I think I've set some sort of record - I just wrote 4 scenes in one day! The first one was a combined one, but it was still technically two scenes. I just shut myself in my apartment and got to it. I guess that pretty well catches me up for losing last week and puts me back on schedule! I might just be done by 8 December yet...but let's not set that one in stone, shall we?

That brings us up to Maud and Ewan leaving Norval and moving to Toronto. Bring on Journey's End!

No comments: